Top 5 Benefits of Strength Training You Need to Know
The benefits of strength training go beyond just burning away more pounds of body fats and maintaining beautiful body shape. Here are the top 5 benefits of strength training for your references.
1) Building Lean Muscle and Reducing Body Fat Building lean muscle is one of the benefits of strength training, as lean muscle burns 16 times more calories than body fat. Anyhow, you might not aware that you will lose 1.5kg of muscle on average each year starting from your twenties. For woman who begins menopause, she starts to lose muscle at twice as previous rate. That is why a lot of women claimed that their weight gain at an alarming rate during their forties or fifties. What are the benefits of strength training when lean muscle is built? Actually, the more lean muscle mass you have the higher your metabolism will be. The idea here is your BMR (basal metabolic rate) can be improved from strength training. This cause your body can burn more calories and fats throughout the day, even you are just doing nothing or resting.
2) Injury Prevention We can prevent injury from the benefits of strength training, as strength training helps us strengthening our ligaments, muscles and tendons. Researches at Ball State University found that our fast-twitch muscle fibers, which used to prevent us slipping or felling can be increased by strength training. For your information, age-related muscle loss mainly occurs in the fast-twitch muscles, and one-half of all seniors who suffer from a fall and break a hip die within a year.
3) Strengthening Bone Density In global, it is estimated that over 200 million people are suffered from osteoporosis issues. Apart from that, 30-50% of women and 15-30% of men will suffer fracture related to osteoporosis in their lifetime. Only bones that challenged by weight bearing exercises will not become soft and brittle. That is the reason we need to get the most from the benefits of strength training to encounter this issue. Strength training will increase the strength and density of your bones more than any other type of exercises. And it is never too late to get all the benefits of strength training no matter how old are you, as long as you have the correct method to do this training.
4) Increasing Overall Strength Research showed that people who do not exercise regularly could lose up to 80% of their strength by age of 65. Anyhow, we can encounter this issue by doing strength training besides enjoy other benefits of strength training. Please refer weight loss exercise article, which mentioned research on people in nineties can increase their strength by 300% after 8 weeks of strength training.
5) Improving Body Shape Have you ever discovered some people do exercise everyday such as jogging at the garden or along the streets, yet they have a big stomach? I guess your answer is “Yes”, as these are most of my friends’ answers. Besides diet habit, the common main reason is this group of people seldom performs strength training in a program for weight loss. Consistent doing strength training helps you lose body fat by building lean muscle mass. Building lean muscle is the most effective way to shape, tune and define your body. And you would have a leaner, trimmer body shape after a period of time and thus enjoy the benefits of strength training. In fact, to get most benefits of strength training, we need to include doing aerobic exercise in between, maintaining good and balanced nutrition diet, and taking some necessary and right supplements as well. A healthy weight loss program is always considering all factors so that we can enjoy healthy lives with desired body shape.